The Zoning Ordinance of the City of Franklin, Tennessee
The Zoning Ordinance was adopted in October 2007, and became effective on July 1, 2008. The Zoning Ordinance contains not only lot setbacks and standards for lot size, but also requirements relating to parking standards, signage, site lighting, landscaping, and building materials.
Where to Find a Copy of the Ordinance
Links to the Zoning Ordinance and Map can be found on this page. Printed versions of the text, maps, and other attachments can also be found at the Planning Department for public review.
Please note that the Zoning Ordinance is an evolving document and is amended frequently by the Board of Mayor and Aldermen. You are encouraged to contact the Planning Department for information on pending amendments to the Zoning Ordinance.
Zoning Ordinance and Map
Text Amendments Passed on 3rd Reading, but not yet incorporated into the Zoning Ordinance:
- Ordinance 2014-28, Text Amendment to allow short term vacation rentals
- Ordinance 2014-35, Text Amendment relating to Parkland Dedication
- Ordinance 2014-37, Text Amendment for PUD Revision and Amendments
- Ordinance 2015-12, Text Amendment to establish unit prices infrastructure requirements and Staff approval of final Performance Agreement Surety amounts.
- Ordinance 2015-54, Text amendment to revise LSR and Open Space Requirements in CFC01 and 9
- Ordinance 2015-53, Test Amendment for Minimum Lot Frontage
- Ordinance 2015-55, Text Amendment to add Clinic Use to CC and Amend Parking Table