The Administrative Manual is the one-stop source for all community development documents and review procedure within the City of Franklin. It contains brief overviews of the city's policy documents and land-use regulations, as well as descriptions of all the reviewing departments and agencies, commissions, and boards.
The manual is structured to provide easy access to the specific information needed about a particular planning document, review body, or development review procedure.
Review Procedures and Checklists Outlined in the Administrative Manual
- Preapplication Conferences and Preliminary Concept Meetings
- Land Use Plan Amendments
- Zoning Map Amendments
- Planned Unit Development Concept Plans and Regulating Plans (PUDs)
- Preliminary and Final Plats
- Site Plans
- Certificate of Appropriateness (COA)for Historic Preservation Related Projects
- Variances and Appeals of Administrative Decisions
- Stormwater Management Permits
- Tree Removal Permits
- Grading and Erosion Control Permits
- Sign Permits
Other important information covered by the Administrative Manual
- Staff Contact Information
- Application Forms
- Deadlines and Schedules
- Fee Schedules as revised 2-15-12
What’s the latest version?
The Administrative Manual may be updated periodically throughout the year. Please contact the Planning Staff at (615) 791-3212 to ensure that you have the most up-to-date edition.
Where to find a copy of the Administrative Manual?
Printed versions are available at City Hall, 109 Third Avenue South, Franklin, TN 37064:
in the City Recorder’s office, and the Planning Department.
How can I comment on the Administrative Manual?
The public has two ways to comment on the Administrative Manual. Written comments can be submitted:
- Via email at firstname.lastname@example.org , or;
- Via postal mail at Attention: Current Planning Supervisor, City of Franklin Planning Department, 109 Third Avenue South, Franklin, TN 37064.
How are updates and revisions made to the Administrative Manual?
The Planning Director has the authority to amend the Administrative Manual to effectuate the intent of the Zoning Ordinance. Such administrative regulations, forms, and appendices will be published at least thirty (30) days prior to their effective date and placed on file at the City Recorder’s Office and at the Planning Department for public inspection and written comment.