Artists interested in exhibiting their works in City Hall should submit an exhibit application form, a short artist biography and at least three high quality images that accurately depict your work. These can be can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Monique McCullough at PO Box 305, Franklin, TN 37065. All applications will be reviewed by the City Hall Art Jury at their regular monthly meeting in the order they are received.
The Jury may request a meeting with the artist to discuss their work and exhibit. Before hanging, the artists must bring their work to the City Hall Boardroom to be juried. Each piece is scored by the Jury on a scale of 1-7 based on artistic merit and appropriateness. Any piece that receives an average score of 2 or below can not be included in the exhibit.
Artists must be a Tennessee resident or native, or the subject matter must be related to Tennessee. Artists must read the Art in City Hall Policies and Procedures and must sign a Loan of Art Work Agreement before exhibiting.
City Hall Art Policy Disclosure to Artists
- The City Hall Art Jury makes all decisions regarding art displays, including scheduling of the displays.
- The City Hall Art Jury will evaluate each piece of work based on artistic merit and appropriateness.
- Completed applications will be reviewed in the order they are received.
- The City of Franklin does not insure any works displayed in City Hall.
- Artists will be responsible for setting up and taking down their works of art.
- Price information CAN NOT be displayed. However, you may post information about who to contact for price information.
- Once a piece is on display, it cannot be removed during the loan period without prior permission from the City.