- Dec 13 Crime Stoppers tipster credited with solving bank forgery case https://t.co/xmVlhFUDie
- Dec 13 Crime Stoppers cash offered for ID of suspect using someone’s lost credit card https://t.co/Csl9cVEhZ0 https://t.co/rGSyChHa5c
- Dec 13 Update on gas leak: Murfreesboro Rd to remain closed, both directions for 1.5 more hours btwn Eddy Ln & S Margin https://t.co/ZIwrgMHu7Z
- Dec 13 Bad news here for commuters who use Murfreesboro Rd to get in or out of downtown Franklin. #FPDknowbeforeyougo https://t.co/JkdKDTnriR
- Dec 13 Headed towards downtown Franklin on Murfreesboro Rd?#FPDknowbeforeyougo https://t.co/4nzqdhOkOZ
Franklin Police investigating multiple smash & grab auto burglaries
Franklin Police are investigating four Thursday afternoon auto burglaries that occurred between 4 and 5 pm. Three of the cars broken into were at the Williamson County Recreation Center on Fulton Greer, and a fourth outside of a business on Third Avenue N.
In each of the cases, officers say that the victims left valuables in plain view and the suspect broke out windows to get to the valuables they could see laying inside. Items like backpacks, purses, briefcases, and their contents were stolen. Franklin Police are seeking a 6 foot tall black male passenger in a newer model Chrysler 300 in these cases.
Thieves know that people visiting places like fitness centers, parks, and daycares often leave their briefcases and purses behind. Suspects are, often-times, in place and watching you arrive. When they see you get out and go in empty-handed, or see you stow valuables in your trunk and walk away, they quickly move in, and break in.
Franklin Police warn gym, park, and daycare patrons to be vigilant.
You should take valuables with you, and
avoid leaving them behind and visible
in your vehicle.
is worth up to $1,000 with an anonymous call to
Crime Stoppers: (615) 794-4000.
# # #