- Oct 19 #FranklinTBT: Downtown Franklin hasn’t always had a Starbucks. Check out the old Rexall Drugs from ~ 1970.… https://t.co/kW28JRYQ3R
- Oct 19 #ThankYouNoteThursday: https://t.co/duXcFVg2oq
- Oct 18 #WaterWednesday: https://t.co/j79t7ukPVy
- Oct 17 #TrashTalkingTuesday: For more info on prescription medication drop off: https://t.co/sFPxdxldZn https://t.co/SHZG96VXZG
- Oct 13 Don't forget the FREE Celebration of Nations cultural festival is tomorrow from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. in downtown Frank… https://t.co/Y4sIcJGDVd
- Oct 13 Meet Franklin's City Land Planners. Learn why their role is so important to our growing community. #PlanningMonth… https://t.co/RIB70uspDx
Eddie Vedder fan with 23 year old cat and Hurricane Irma Survivor Win Tickets to the Pilgrimage Music & Cultural Festival
Franklin-The City of Franklin held a social media contest titled #MyPilgrimagePal to give a pair of 2-day passes to the 2017 Pilgrimage Music and Cultural Festival. Entrants to the contest posted a photo of themselves with a “pal” they would like to take to the Pilgrimage Festival, along with why they wanted to go in 50 words or less. Two winners were chosen.
One of the winners, Lainie Stubblefield posted a photo of herself and her 23-year-old cat named Vedder. Lainie was wearing a T-shirt that read “It doesn’t get Eddie Vedder than this.” In Lanie’s post she wrote, “I have a cat named VEDDER and she turns 23 years old on Sunday! We have been Eddie Vedder fans for so long, and now he is in my town! My roommate from college, who lived with me when I got Vedder, now lives in Franklin too. I think this would be monumental for us to do together!”
The other winner, Julie Jones Brown said she wanted to attend the festival with a friend who recently survived Hurricane Irma. Julie wrote, “Great friends that live 800 miles apart. I'm in TN and she's in FL and just survived Irma. WE would love to attend The Pilgrimage festival!”
Both winners were given 2-day passes to the festival courtesy of The Pilgrimage Festival. Lanie was able to get her passes in person from Festival Producer and Lead Singer of the band Better than Ezra, Kevin Griffin.
Pictured L-R-Milissa Reierson, City of Franklin, Lainie Stubblefield & Vedder, Kevin Griffin, Pilgrimage Festival.