- Dec 15 A holiday greeting from City Administrator Eric Stuckey. https://t.co/kI9IChU0su
- Dec 15 A holiday greeting from Mayor Ken Moore. https://t.co/fm8YgNEpgw
- Dec 14 Goodnight, Franklin! https://t.co/k3Aqo19ol5
- Dec 14 #ThankYouNoteThursday: A nice note from "The Flakes." They are a group longtime friends and Franklin residents who… https://t.co/uOcJYeoKhJ
- Dec 13 Good afternoon, Franklin! https://t.co/22h8K1Dn3d
Williamson women: Register for 4-day self-defense series: Sept 25, 27, Oct 2, 4
According to statistics, 78 women are forcibly raped every hour in the United States. Just as startling: One out of four college students reported being sexually assaulted sometime during their four years of school. The Franklin Police Department is proud to offer free self-defense training to women who live or work in Williamson County. The training incorporates awareness building, prevention, risk reduction & avoidance, as well as hands-on self-defense training by experienced police officers.
Williamson women are invited to join us for this four-day series:
September 25, 27, & October 2, 4
All classes meet from 6pm – 9pm:
Franklin Police Headquarters
900 Columbia Avenue
* Space is limited, and registration is required *
The 12-hour program is designed for the average woman with no previous experience or background in physical skills training. Mothers & daughters are encouraged to attend this free training together.
Helping to provide this training is something that I always look forward to,” said RAD Instructor, Sergeant Amy Butler. “Participants walk away from this experience with a renewed feeling of confidence that they can avoid or overcome an attacker, we just show them how.”
For more information or to register,
email Sergeant Amy Butler
Download a RAD registration form here.