- Oct 19 #FranklinTBT: Downtown Franklin hasn’t always had a Starbucks. Check out the old Rexall Drugs from ~ 1970.… https://t.co/kW28JRYQ3R
- Oct 19 #ThankYouNoteThursday: https://t.co/duXcFVg2oq
- Oct 18 #WaterWednesday: https://t.co/j79t7ukPVy
- Oct 17 #TrashTalkingTuesday: For more info on prescription medication drop off: https://t.co/sFPxdxldZn https://t.co/SHZG96VXZG
- Oct 13 Don't forget the FREE Celebration of Nations cultural festival is tomorrow from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. in downtown Frank… https://t.co/Y4sIcJGDVd
- Oct 13 Meet Franklin's City Land Planners. Learn why their role is so important to our growing community. #PlanningMonth… https://t.co/RIB70uspDx
Williamson women: Register for 4-day self-defense series: Sept 25, 27, Oct 2, 4
According to statistics, 78 women are forcibly raped every hour in the United States. Just as startling: One out of four college students reported being sexually assaulted sometime during their four years of school. The Franklin Police Department is proud to offer free self-defense training to women who live or work in Williamson County. The training incorporates awareness building, prevention, risk reduction & avoidance, as well as hands-on self-defense training by experienced police officers.
Williamson women are invited to join us for this four-day series:
September 25, 27, & October 2, 4
All classes meet from 6pm – 9pm:
Franklin Police Headquarters
900 Columbia Avenue
* Space is limited, and registration is required *
The 12-hour program is designed for the average woman with no previous experience or background in physical skills training. Mothers & daughters are encouraged to attend this free training together.
Helping to provide this training is something that I always look forward to,” said RAD Instructor, Sergeant Amy Butler. “Participants walk away from this experience with a renewed feeling of confidence that they can avoid or overcome an attacker, we just show them how.”
For more information or to register,
email Sergeant Amy Butler
Download a RAD registration form here.