- Dec 16 A holiday greeting from Building and Neighborhood Services. https://t.co/ryNZJyMVOq
- Dec 16 A holiday greeting from the City's Law Department. https://t.co/xPBwZuSo4u
- Dec 15 A holiday greeting from City Administrator Eric Stuckey. https://t.co/kI9IChU0su
- Dec 15 A holiday greeting from Mayor Ken Moore. https://t.co/fm8YgNEpgw
- Dec 14 Goodnight, Franklin! https://t.co/k3Aqo19ol5
- Dec 14 #ThankYouNoteThursday: A nice note from "The Flakes." They are a group longtime friends and Franklin residents who… https://t.co/uOcJYeoKhJ
Impaired driver held after crashing stolen car in downtown Franklin
An Alabama suspect, believed to have been under the influence of methamphetamine, remains jailed after crashing a stolen car into a telephone pole and tree in downtown Franklin.
The crash occurred at 7:30 Sunday night at 4th Avenue and Bridge Street. Arriving officers found a single, unoccupied vehicle crashed into a tree, and a demolished telephone pole. Witnesses who saw the crash assisted officers by providing a description of the driver and information on which way he fled.
Twenty-seven-year-old Joshua Benefield of Heflin, AL was taken into custody after a brief foot chase on Main Street near the Square. Benefield was armed with two knives at the time of his arrest. A handgun was also recovered from the car Benefield was driving.
Benefield remains behind bars in the Williamson County Jail, charged with DUI, Evading Arrest, Failure to Report a Crash, and Reckless Driving. Additional charges are expected. A hold has been placed on Benefield by two other jurisdictions who want him on criminal charges. He is due in Williamson County Court on 08/17/2017 at 1:00 pm.
Franklin Police are grateful to the citizens who provided arriving officers with immediate information that helped officers locate and arrest this fleeing suspect.
# # #