- Dec 07 #ThankYouNoteThursday: https://t.co/qP5p6Z8jMQ
- Dec 06 We asked several kids: How does Santa deliver? https://t.co/tk7nW2YtdB
- Dec 06 #WaterWednesday: Remember, storm drains are meant for stormwater! Materials that are dumped down storm drains end u… https://t.co/YbKvyYJmJa
- Dec 05 We asked several kids about Santa's Reindeer. Here's what they had to say. https://t.co/XjHLT0Wx49
- Dec 05 #TrashTalkingTuesday: https://t.co/6TdkXc42T1
- Dec 04 We asked several kids: Who is Santa? https://t.co/jbXzcfRJqJ
City of Franklin Names Two New Directors
Water Management and Information Technology get new Leadership
Franklin-The City of Franklin announces the promotion of two long time employees to Directors of Departments within the city.
Michelle Marie Hatcher P.E. was named earlier this month as the new Water Management Director. Michelle has been with the City since 2014 when she was hired as Assistant Director of Planning and Policy of the Water Management Department. Michelle was chosen from a pool of 31 applicants. Prior to her work with the City, Michelle worked with CDM Smith as an Engineer in Nashville, Tennessee, Los Angeles, California and Libby, Montana. Michelle has a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Engineering and is a registered professional engineer. She also is a member of the Kentucky/Tennessee Water Environment Association, and serves as the Chairperson of the Students and Young Professionals Committee for the Water Environment Federation. The former Water Management Director, Mark Hilty was promoted to Assistant City Administrator of Public Works earlier this year.
Dr. Jordon Shaw was promoted to Director of Information Technology in June. Jordon has his Doctor of Business Administration in Computer Information Systems from Argosy University, and a Master of Information Systems in Computer Information System from the University of Phoenix. He has served in the U.S. Army and Tennessee Army National Guard where his has won numerous Leadership Awards. Jordon came to work for the City in 2015 as the Assistant Director of Information Technology, he previously worked for the city from 2009-2013 as Database/Information Systems Division Manager. Previous IT Director Fred Banner is retiring in January of 2018. Fred has served in this position since 2002 when the position was created. Fred will stay on to work on projects and assist Dr. Shaw in his transition until the end of the year.