- Jun 24 Free Car Seat Safety Check is happening Tuesday, June 27th from 1-3pm at Fire Station 6 -- 1061 Cool Springs Blvd.:… https://t.co/bYvEWZ5iLy
- Jun 23 Due to weather, Senior Games at Fieldstone Park & Movie in the Park at Pinkerton Park are canceled for today/tonight (Friday, June 23rd.)
- Jun 23 Keep your eye on the sky. There is a possibility of some rough weather today. Please stay tuned to local media for… https://t.co/4H94tTySSd
- Jun 22 #ThankYouNoteThursday: https://t.co/DbVq686Za1
- Jun 22 Today's Walk with the Mayor event has been postponed until next Wed., June 28th at 11am due to weather. More info: https://t.co/npVYSVa4RL
Apartment Fire Displaces Three Families
Franklin, TN – No one was injured but three families have been displaced due to a fire this morning at the Meadowview Apartments, 801 Del Rio Pike.
The Franklin Fire Department responded around 9:40 a.m. to Building I, a two story, 16-unit building.
Franklin Fire Marshal Andy King said the fire started in a vacant second floor unit that was being renovated. He said it is believed to have been caused by the stove being inadvertently turned on with combustibles on top of it.
King said a neighbor heard the smoke alarm and upon investigation discovered the fire. He called 911 then used a fire extinguisher on the blaze, but was unable to put it out. He then proceeded to alert occupants and help evacuate the building.
In addition to the apartment of origin, three other units were damaged. Apartment management is assisting those displaced.
The building, which was constructed in 1982, was not equipped with automatic fire sprinklers. King estimated damage at $100,000 with the building valued at $1 million.